Friday, January 16, 2009

Belated Happy New Year

I am sorry that I haven't updated this in a while. The weather in San Diego has been a little cold (I know, it is SAN DIEGO COLD (60s) and not NORMAL COLD (like the rest of the normal world). I have been working long hours and traveling over the holidays so BEING GREEN has taken a backseat.

The biggest thing that I notice with the new year is that our trash bin isn't getting as much activity as the recycling bin. I am trying to follow the directions to the letter of the law but I still feel that some of what I am recycling may not fit the requirements. MY question is... Is it better to err on the side of trash or recycle? My answer has been, when in doubt RECYCLE. Is this causing problems at the other end of the recycling process? I hope not.

I do have a new separate contain for Diet Dr. Pepper cans... we will see how that goes. We seem to drink an awful lot of that particular beverage. Since Ron and I don't drink alcohol, smoke or hit the bars and nightlife I guess it isn't the worse vice.

My Envirocycle is about ready to empty out the first batch of homemade compost. I also have a few weeks worth of green waste in bags in the freezer.

I am starting a new work schedule that has me working Monday through Thursday and I look forward to the free time to devote to my upcoming project for the year. The temps hit mid 80's here today so I am getting excited about the coming year.

Next Tuesday is the Obama Inauguration and I think that is a great step forward for change and hopeful improvements. I have never been a big fan of W but it looks like he is going out with style so I have to give him a thumbs up for that. Hope he doesn't do something dumb to screw things up more in his last few days.

Well. I am going to be heading out for now... let me hear from ya'll and let me know what you are up to.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.



1 comment:

rpm said...

you read "Where late the Sweet Bird Sang"? how did you ever run across that book?